Monday, July 9, 2012

Overstimulated

This one isn't about Charles.

 I've realized something about myself--I am easily entertained and easily overstimulated. I enjoy looking at things like leaves and the light on the surface of water and not so much at things that whir and jump and bang and crash all at once (especially on a screen).

 For example, we have a WII family game with Life, Clue, Mousetrap, etc. that is pretty fun. In mousetrap, you sometimes play a mini-game placing parts of pipes to get a ball through, and it shows you what part is coming next but I have trouble seeing what parts are coming next because there are so many colors dancing on the screen.

 I went to Las Vegas twice with the BYU marching band and most of the time I just wanted to close my eyes. The things I remember really enjoying were the toy store and looking at water in front of Bellagio's before the fountains turned on (and being with band friends).

 Aaron's brother Riley Cody showed us a computer game that I like better than most games--it's just land made of cubes of different materials. If you set it to "creative mode" you have unlimited materials and if you also set it to "peaceful mode" monsters won't come destroy what you built or try to eat you. So Aaron and I made this house:

That was fun. Maybe someday we will really build our own house. But even that game became too much for me when sheep started escaping and I got stuck under a tree that was overhanging too low.

 So, I guess I'll stick to more simple pastimes. Life is good.
 Love, Corinne

No comments:

Post a Comment