Friday, July 6, 2012

Fun on the Fourth

We have been having a grand old time, especially with our trip to the grandparents F. to see my friend Michelle's wedding, and then Riley Cody D . visiting here! I didn't take any pictures in Oregon, because we were having too much fun and the camera was up two flights of stairs :) My parents' new house is nice and peaceful, with views of purple mountain majesties and a lovely bit of forest.

This is a park where we went on "family day" of the cub scouts camp Aaron helped with.
 "Why didn't I get a cool T-shirt, Daddy?"
 "Mommy, you can slow down when you're driving. I'll go my own speed."
 "Beep Beep!"
On the Fourth of July, we visited Fort Casey, a WWII fort on Whidbey Island, where free men stood and fortunately didn't see war's desolation.

 We looked out at the shining sea.



 I sat among the waves of grain. (There was a nice lonely trail up to there, and we had several blankets)

 Who is that which the building half conceals half discloses?

Not to boast or brag, because this almost never happens, but yesterday Charles was looking tired so I just wrapped him in a blanket and he fell asleep on his own!
Love,
Drollettes in Washington

P. S. any hints about getting the white highlighting to go away? Thanks, Kristen!

2 comments:

  1. Such great pictures and an adorable family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your post!! I can't wait to see you guys. I don't need to stay with you, by the way (I guess I should call you about that).

    For the white highlighting:
    1. Go to the screen where you edit your post.
    2. Click the "html" button
    3. Find the text afflicted with the white highlighting. There is probably a tag before it, enclosed in < >, which contains the word "span". Delete this. Also delete the span tag after your text.
    4. Click update.
    Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete