Thursday, March 15, 2012

Stillness

It has now been about a month since my preterm-labor excitement, and there is about another month until our due date.

Baby is still inside! (Though he is certainly not holding still in there).
I am still:


Rosie's preferred spot is under the blanket, on or by my legs. She loves when I hold still long enough for her to take a good nap.

It's a funny situation we live in; I could have a baby today, or in a month. Contractions have been coming anywhere from 10 minutes to 4 hours apart. Aaron and I have to be ready to go at any point, but also ready to wait and keep doing normal things as much as possible.

Of course, the most important thing is this little baby! We thought he would have come by now but we are so glad he is still developing in my nice warm cocoon. At this point all his systems are in working order, but he should build up brain and fat for a few more weeks.

As humans, we like being in control and knowing what is going to happen. The whole process of pregnancy teaches us to accept the unexpected, be ready, and wait. (At times perhaps also to expect the unaccepted? I don't feel that way much though).

A couple favorite scriptures:
" Therefore, dearly beloved brethren, let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the salvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed." Doctrine and Covenants 123:17

"He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young." Isaiah 40:11

I am thankful that Heavenly Father has a plan! I am thankful for my ward, my family, and most of all my Aaron. I am also thankful for my dog, my ukulele, my fridge, and my internet connection.

4 comments:

  1. Thinking of you, Corinne. Every time there's a blog post, call, or email from you or someone in our family I wonder if it's a birth announcement! Glad to hear that your son is still growing in a warm, comfy place. FYI, there was no sound on the video (which could be something about my computer, but I don't think so). Movement, but auditory stillness . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was no sound on the video for us either, but Rosie looks cute and cuddly.

    That state you're in, with the random contractions and having to be constantly ready to go to the hospital is what every expecting couple goes through starting a few weeks before their due date, you just get to be extra excited with that extra month of anticipation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There wasn't really any sound in the video anyway. I think I said something like "hi Rosie" at the beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're the greatest, Crin-a-lin and Aaron! We love you all!

    ReplyDelete