Tuesday, March 29, 2011

An Unusual Tuesday

Last night we stayed up at the library until almost 11 trying to put a little video tape of me teaching into digital format for my internship portfolio. (We went at 7 thinking it would take about 30 minutes...a nice family home evening activity...). That was unusual because we usually go to bed around 9. Then I woke up at 5 AM feeling awful. I started getting ready for work but decided to call in sick. So, I kissed Aaron goodbye as he took his bike to work, sent an email to one of my aides with plans for today and went back to sleep. Then at about 9:15 I heard a knock on the door and recognized Aaron's voice. Why was he home so early? He came in with crutches--his foot had been run over by his crew's truck! So we were both paid to spend a nice Tuesday at home taking care of each other.

During such a busy week, it is nice to have a little day off even if we are both a bit uncomfortable. It reminds me of a poem by Robert Frost:

The way a crow
Shook down on me
The dust of snow
From a hemlock tree

Has given my heart
A change of mood
And saved some part
Of a day I had rued.

3 comments:

  1. I am srry about Aaron's foot.

    Hope you injoy the confrence this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! Is Aaron's foot okay? No broken bones? I hope not, and hope that you're feeling better now, Corinne. I love the little poem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crin, you are the cutest thing ever. Your marriage is the second cutest thing ever.

    ReplyDelete